Aside from a short college stint in London many moons ago, I have lived in Sarnia my entire life. Yet, everyday I seem to learn something new about our community and the programs and services available the people who live here. It’s amazing!
Let’s face it, we all know someone who’s come across hard times at some point in their life and could use a little help. There’s no shame in it. That’s why today I wanted to share info on Neighbourlink Sarnia-Lambton, which a wonderful church-based organization here in our community . It’s staffed entirely by volunteers from 23 member churches across Sarnia-Lamtbton. Be it a ride to a doctor’s appointment or assistance with food, diapers, beds, etc., Neighbourlink volunteers are committed to helping those in need.
Here is a list of the services Neighbourlink provides (as listed on their website www.neighbourlinksarnia.org):
- Activity Bags created and donated to agencies for children who are dealing with traumatic situations
- Beds & Bedding Project – good used beds and bedding to families in need
- Cooking Workshops at various churches throughout the year
- Cribs & Baby needs articles as available
- Deliver food etc.
- Financial Assistance through a few member churches as monies are currently available
- Food/Diapers/Formula through different churches
- Furniture donations connected with families in need as available
- Medical equipment donations connected with individuals with medical needs (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, canes, commodes)
- Donate handwork to area nursing homes for residents in need
- Major Appliance donations (in good working order) linked to families in need
- Meals to shut-ins with medical situations
- Miscellaneous services as are needed and if volunteers are available for such
- Rides to Appointments or Shopping
- Yard work to seniors as volunteers are available
Wow! I wish I knew about this before we had Lowe’s haul away our perfectly working old washing machine! I would have donated it in a heartbeat.
If you have a donation or would like further details on the services available through Neighbourlink Sarnia-Lambton, please call their office at 519-336-5465.