Happy Halloween, everyone!
Can you believe it’s October 31st already? Holy cow!
The forecast is pretty dismal for all of the little ghosts and goblins planning to hit the streets for treats. Maybe since Halloween falls on a Friday this year there will be lots of parties going with friends and schoolmates? How does your family spend Halloween? I hope you all have a great day however you decide to celebrate! For those of you heading out with the kiddos to trick or treat, please remember these helpful Halloween safety tips from the Sarnia Police Service:
- “Trick or Treat” costumes should be light weight, reflective, flame resistant, fitted properly and weather appropriate. Avoid long costumes that become a tripping hazard. Do not carry sharp objects, wear make-up rather than a mask and carry a flashlight and/or cell phone.
- Young Trick or Treaters should have an adult accompany them. Travel in a group. Know your neighbourhood and plan your route. Use city sidewalks and walk, don’t run.
- Do not go to houses that are not lit up, do not enter anyone’s home if invited in. Never eat any candy before you get home. All of your “treats” should be checked before being consumed. Take them home for examination.
- Homeowners, please put on your porch light if you are participating. Keep your pets restrained and keep your sidewalks and porches obstacle free.
- Drivers, use extra caution on this night. Slow down!
For those that go to the Lambton Mall, their Halloween festivities run from 5 – 7pm. Kids can enjoy FREE face painting and trick or treating at stores that have a pumpkin displayed in their window (children under age 11 only).