Mommy & Baby Yoga (Postnatal)
Postnatal is a mommy and baby class for babies ranging from 6 weeks old up to just before crawling age. Post pregnancy can place new strains on one’s body since mom’s are constantly holding their babies in their arms, whether it’s soothing, feeding or playing with them. Whether you are new to yoga or you are a long time yogi, developing and maintaining a regular yoga practice can provide your mind and body with balance and calmness. Best of all, you don’t need to leave your baby behind when you attend a baby-friendly postnatal yoga class.
Benefits of Postnatal Yoga:
* Restore your body through gentle stretching and poses geared towards the post pregnancy body
* Rejuvenate your mind through deep breathing and relaxation
* Establishing a social network with other mommies and their babies while developing a stronger connection with your baby
What happens during a Postnatal Class?
Classes can vary depending on the age of the babies. Mommies may be doing yoga while their babies are lying or sitting on the floor next to them, and in some poses, they may be holding them.
Baby Massages to calm, soothe and connect with baby
I encourage mom’s to pay a lot of attention to their babies and to do what is necessary for their baby
* No Yoga experience is necessary.
*Mommies can begin to attend approximately six weeks after birth and when bleeding has stopped.
*Consult with your family doctor or health care provider before you begin postnatal yoga. You may not be suitable to start a program if you have experienced any postnatal complications, caesarean, or if you have pre existing medication conditions.
* Inform your yoga teacher of any injuries or any parts of your body that is causing you problems/discomfort.
*This class is appropriate for all levels.*
Contact Lisa Craig to register by email: email@example.com
Pre-registered six week series classes
Please register by July1st
Cost: Member $70.00 plus HST- NonMember – $75.00 plus HST
Time: Tuesday’s 11:30am – 12:30pm
July 7th – Aug11th