Good Morning, everyone! Summer is coming into full swing and the weekends are filling up with fun family activities all over the city and surrounding areas. My kiddos are excited about today’s 20th annual Kids Funfest at Clearwater Arena! SO MUCH TO SEE AND DO! Last year, we didn’t even get to see a quarter of the things there because I couldn’t get my son past the sensory bins that the London Bridge Child Care Service folks had set up in the toddler zone!
Some tips if you are going:
- Dress your kids in brightly coloured clothes that are easy for you to pick out in a crowd in case you get separated. You parents with toddlers who like to bolt know what I mean.
- Pack an umbrella, sunscreen and water!
- Be prepared to walk. Last year, trying to find a parking spot was total crazytown.
Without further ado, here’s what’s going on around Sarnia this weekend:
Saturday, June 13
- 10am – 3pm: 20th Annual Kids Funfest
- 10am – 2pm: Storybook Gardens (London): 10th Anniversary of Libro Family Fun Day!
Children’s admission is FREE from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Grand opening of the new “On the RiverBank” Splash Pad!
- 11am: Cineplex Family Favourites Presentation ($2.99 admission!). Today’s Movie: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)
- 11am – 10pm: 37th Annual Firefighter’s Field Days (Corunna)
- 9pm: Drive-In Movie @ Oil Springs Ball Diamond. Movies showing: Paddington and 22 Jump Street
Sunday, June 14
- 9:30 – 10:15am: Family Fun Time @ Central United Church (all welcome)
- 10:30am – 12pm: Parent and Tot Open Swim @ YMCA
- 1 – 3pm: Free Sunday Family Art Drop In @ JNAAG. Today’s project: Portraits
- 1-4pm: Moore Museum 40th Anniversary Open House (Free admission)
You can also visit THIS POST for other budget friendly family fun ideas!
Don’t forget to check out the Sarnia Mom Source Activities Calendar regularly so you don’t miss out of any fun!